You may have never heard of RTLS before, but the reality is that it’s expanding across multiple industries and increasing in necessity. RTLS, which stands for real time locating system, allows multiple industries to locate assets and people in real-time, along with environmental monitoring in a cloud hosted environment. A RTLS solution can also provide location-based data to ensure safety and security of staff members, as well as valuable tools and equipment. This technology isn’t just relevant in healthcare, but also branches into education, hospitality and beyond. So why does this matter to you? Here are three reasons why RTLS is important.
1. It is forever changing how businesses operate – for the better.
Long gone are the days of wandering the halls, searching for assets. When your assets are properly managed and stocked appropriately, it gives you the time to focus on what really matters. Loss and theft can happen in any business, but having insight into the key data surrounding these incidents can provide valuable knowledge of how to prevent it. Keep track of where your assets are, and in return, you are giving your employees the dependence they need to do their jobs effectively and more efficiently.
2. Relevant and reliable data is there when and where you need it.
How frustrating is it when you don’t have access to the key information you need, when you need it? What about when you aren’t in the office? Implementing RTLS means getting the data that is most relevant to you, right now. Cloud-hosted platforms, such as ZulaFly’s Fuzion, offers a customizable dashboard and alerting system that keeps you informed on workplace emergencies through your tablet or mobile device. In other words, notifications go where you are. We know emergencies aren’t planned. Imagine the comfort of having the data you need and ability to deal with urgent situations wherever you are.
3. Because safety is a top priority to everyone.
Whether you are in manufacturing, education, hospitality or healthcare, safety is a significant area of focus. But how can RTLS assist with safety, exactly? Here are some examples of security situations that you may be able to relate to, and the remediation that RTLS can provide:
- Staff that deal with unpredictable patients and circumstances can call for help from anywhere
- Minimizing loss and left with the ability to tag and locate valuable assets
- Refrigerators holding expensive medication can go out of the acceptable temperature range, notifications can be proactively sent to staff to save medication from expiring and having to be thrown
Want to know more about RLTS or the ZulaFly solution? Contact us by clicking the button below!