Should you have a mobile responsive website? Absolutely.
This may or may not be surprising, but most businesses have not yet moved to mobile, and that could hurt their existing client base or potential new clients. Over 20% of all Google searches come from a mobile device. Responsive mobile website design allows you to have one website that is coded to dynamically change its design based on what type of device it is viewed on (pc, tablet, mobile phone etc.). This allows your website to reach as many users as possible.
Here are a few more reasons why it is essential for your website to be mobile ready:
1. Your website will be adaptive for future devices. Mobile responsive design is based on Media Queries which allow the developer to code your website to adapt to multiple screen resolutions.
2. Mobile sites provide users with the best user experience. I’m sure we have all run into a website that is not optimized for mobile, and have found it difficult or even impossible to access the information we are looking for, driving us to look for that same information elsewhere. Giving your user base an easy way to access the information will give your users the trust in your business to keep returning. It also shows your clients that you care about their experience.
3. Google may penalize you for not having a mobile responsive website. They have noticed the trend that users are more likely to view your website on a mobile device than ever before. Having the mobile version of your website will lead to better search rankings, giving your website more exposure.
"To improve the search experience for smartphone users and address their pain points, we plan to roll out several ranking changes in the near future that address sites that are misconfigured for smartphone users."
-Yoshikiyo Kato, Software Engineer, on behalf of Google Mobile Search Team
4. If your competition has a mobile version of their website this could potentially lead to loss of clientele. Over 60% of mobile users say that they will never return to a website as long as they are not provided with an easy to use experience on their mobile devices.
5. Having a mobile responsive website allows you to only edit once, and will display on all devices.This makes it even easier to individually manage your the content.
At Network Center, Inc., we strive to provide websites with the best possible user experience whether it's on a desktop or a mobile device. Please contact us for further information on building a mobile responsive website.