NetWork Center, Inc. would like to thank our platinum sponsors for this year’s nVision technology conference. The companies below have made a commitment in time and resources to help us produce a top tier conference. Their sponsorship and partnership are greatly appreciated.
If you are not up-to-date with our platinum sponsor’s portfolio, below is a short introduction to their current product offerings. If you are curious and would like to know more about these technologies, these vendor’s will have representatives speaking and/or have a presence on the showroom floor, look them up for more information.
Brocade® VCS® Fabric technology eliminates Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) to deliver active-active links, doubling network efficiency and improving resilience. This flat, multipath, deterministic mesh network is ideal for IP storage environments.
To meet the challenges of dedicated IP storage networks, Brocade VDX® switches powered by Brocade VCS Fabric technology provide the following benefits:
- A highly automated and simple-to-deploy solution: VCS Fabric technology and Brocade VDX data center switches are self-provisioning and self-healing, delivering a 50 percent reduction in operational costs.
- Predictable performance: Non-blocking, multipathing at network Layers 1–3 provides the industry’s best and most predictable network utilization.
- Deep buffers: Brocade VDX switches offer the industry’s deepest buffers to handle bursty storage traffic and minimize latency and packet drops.
- A solution purpose-built for next-generation data centers: Chassis-based HA, ISSU, and fixed-configuration redundant power supplies and fans provide high availability.
The portfolio of Brocade VDX switches provides Ethernet storage connectivity for FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS storage solutions within a single product family (see Figure 2). IT organizations can protect their Fibre Channel investment by connecting Fibre Channel SANs to Ethernet fabrics with the Brocade VDX 6730 Switch.
Check Point Software Technologies
Check Point Capsule delivers a complete solution that addresses the security challenges facing your organization as your employees, devices and data become increasingly mobile. With this integrated solution, you can provide seamless security to protect business data from threats, establish a secure business environment on mobile devices, and secure business documents, devices and networks.
Check Point Capsule enables you to extend Check Point’s industry-leading security from the corporate network, and apply it to your mobile devices. With a single set of policies, you can ensure both your network and your employees’ mobile devices enforce the same protections against internal and external threats.
With Check Point Capsule you are able to access corporate email, documents, and internal directories and assets from within a secure business environment. Personal data and applications are segregated from business data, enabling secure use of business assets while protecting employee’s personal information and applications.
Business documents are protected everywhere they go with Check Point Capsule. Security is established at document creation, and travels with the document everywhere it goes, ensuring that corporate security guidelines are always enforced.
Check Point addresses the challenges organizations are facing to support their employees’ needs to access the network, corporate resources, and business documents in a secure manner, whenever and wherever they go.
The Cisco Unified Computing System is a next-generation data center platform that unites compute, network, storage access, and virtualization into a cohesive system designed to reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) and increase business agility. The system integrates a low-latency, lossless 10 Gigabit Ethernet unified network fabric with enterprise-class, x86-architecture servers. The system is an integrated, scalable, multichassis platform in which all resources participate in a unified management domain. The main system components include:
- Compute: The system is based on an entirely new class of computing system that incorporates blade servers based on Intel Xeon 5500 Series processors. The blade servers offer patented Cisco Extended Memory Technology to support applications with large data sets and allow more virtual machines per server.
- Network: The system is integrated onto a low-latency, lossless, 10-Gbps unified network fabric. This network foundation consolidates what today are three separate networks: LANs, SANs, and high-performance computing networks. The unified fabric lowers costs by reducing the number of network adapters, switches, and cables, and by decreasing power and cooling requirements.
- Virtualization: The system unleashes the full potential of virtualization by enhancing the scalability, performance, and operational control of virtual environments. Cisco security, policy enforcement, and diagnostic features are now extended into virtualized environments to better support changing business and IT requirements.
- Storage access: The system provides consolidated access to both SAN storage and network attached storage (NAS) over the unified fabric. Unifying storage access means that the Cisco Unified Computing System can access storage over Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and iSCSI, providing customers with choice and investment protection. In addition, administrators can pre-assign storage-access policies for system connectivity to storage resources, simplifying storage connectivity and management while helping increase productivity.
- Management: The system uniquely integrates all the system components, enabling the entire solution to be managed as a single entity through Cisco UCS Manager software. Cisco UCS Manager provides an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI), a command-line interface (CLI), and a robust application-programming interface (API) to manage all system configuration and operations. Cisco UCS Manager helps increase IT staff productivity, enabling storage, network, and server administrators to collaborate on defining service profiles for applications. Service profiles are logical representations of desired physical configurations and infrastructure policies. They help automate provisioning and increase business agility, allowing data center managers to provision resources in minutes instead of days.
Working as a single, cohesive system, these components unify technology in the data center. They represent a radical simplification in comparison to traditional systems, helping simplify data center operations while reducing power and cooling requirements. The system amplifies IT agility for improved business outcomes. The Cisco Unified Computing System components illustrated in Figure 1 include, from left to right, fabric interconnects, blade server chassis, blade servers, and in the foreground, fabric extenders and network adapters.
ExaGrid Systems, the backup appliance storage provider just named an industry Visionary in Gartner’s recent “Magic Quadrant for Deduplication Backup Target Appliances” i report, is launching version 4.7 of its software for the ExaGrid family of backup storage appliances.
The new software continues to deliver on ExaGrid’s promise of stress-free backup, allowing for 14 appliances in a single GRID and increasing ingest and capacity by more than 40 percent. In addition, version 4.7 increases the number of data centers for cross-site disaster recovery, improves the recovery point for offsite disaster recovery and supports an ExaGrid-Veeam Accelerated Data Mover integrated into each appliance.
ExaGrid is a leading disk-based backup provider with a unique landing zone for fast backups and the industry’s fastest restores, instant VM recoveries and tape copies. ExaGrid adds full server appliances into a scale-out GRID architecture, maintaining a short backup window as data grows while eliminating the need for expensive forklift upgrades.
The new software will allow for:
- More capacity. 14 appliances in single GRID system, increasing ingest to 60.48TB per hour and capacity to a 294TB full backup in a single GRID; a 40 percent increase over previous versions of the software.
- Expanded cross data center replication for disaster recovery. 16 systems in a data center cross-protection topology, with 15 spokes to a hub, replicating data to a major data center for disaster recovery and cross-replicating the major data center to a second data center for disaster recovery.
- Adaptive deduplication. Enable deduplication and replication to occur in parallel during nightly backups in order to greatly improve the recovery point at the disaster recovery site, without impeding backup performance.
- New Integrated ExaGrid-Veeam Accelerated Data Mover that improves performance for all Veeam backups and restores. The Veeam backup server communicates to the Veeam data mover on ExaGrid appliances with an enhanced protocol, versus simple CIFS. In addition, ExaGrid greatly improves the performance of creating a Synthetic Full Backup, as the entire process can be completed on the ExaGrid appliances, freeing up the Veeam backup server and network resources for other tasks.
Information security is not a one-size-fits-all as others would lead you to believe. FRSecure works hard to assess your most significant vulnerabilities (information security assessment), put a plan together for managing those risks (information security roadmap), and helps you execute that plan (information security program development).
What makes FRSecure different?
- FRSecure’s Methodology – FRSecure has developed a proprietary approach to assessing information security risks. It’s more than a checklist of questions and recorded answers. Get a full picture of your risks – prioritized and rated – with recommended solutions, so you know which investments will have the greatest impact.
- FRSecure’s Project Leaders – Our project leaders possess years of real-world information security experience assessing and building security programs from the Fortune 100 to SMBs.
- Full Transparency – FRSecure strongly believes in empowering our customers. The more knowledge transfer that occurs during our engagement, the more value our customers recognize. FRSecure fully discloses the methods, tools, and configurations used to perform analysis work for our customers, so that they can easily adopt our processes for their benefit.
- Product Agnostic, On Purpose - FRSecure does not represent any third-party products or services. Our recommendations stand on their own, with no ulterior motive to sell you other things.
IBM FlashSystem storage arrays are designed to deliver extreme performance, microlatency, macro efficiency, and enterprise- grade reliability and serviceability. They are powerful, cost-effective tools for accelerating leading- edge scientific, academic, governmental and commercial computing environments where Elastic Storage is often deployed.
IBM FlashSystem 840 offers industry-leading performance, reliability and low latency, while IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution adds the full spectrum of enterprise-grade management and feature- rich storage services. Together, these IBM systems provide multiple options for addressing high-velocity data requirements, removing performance bottlenecks and increasing productivity. Key features include:
- IBM MicroLatency™: To speed response times, FlashSystem supports 135 μs reads and 90 μs writes with a purpose-built and highly parallel design. This provides fast access to insights—and customers—while reducing operational costs.
- Extreme performance: With optimized IOPS and band-width performance, FlashSystem works well in demanding environments. It can easily support a single application with thousands of concurrent users as well as multiple applications with diverse workloads.
- Macro efficiency: FlashSystem provides high storage density, low energy consumption, and greater utilization of existing resources, offering up to 40 TB of usable capacity in only two units of rack space. It also uses only 625 watts of power, making it one of the most power-efficient products on the market.
- Enterprise reliability: By employing enterprise-grade multi-level cell (eMLC) NAND f lash technology, plus two RAID dimensions—IBM Variable Stripe RAID™ at the flash module level as well as system-wide RAID—FlashSystem delivers enterprise-grade data protection. It includes hot- swappable components for rapid servicing; plus, software and firmware updates can be completed with the system up and running. In addition, FlashSystem supports AES 256 hardware-based encryption, while FlashSystem V840 offers advanced storage services such as snapshots and replication.
With Microsoft Azure you can gain a competitive edge and keep your business moving forward without breaking the bank. Azure helps you bring products and services to market quickly. You can run your operations more cost-effectively, paying only for what, not for what you don’t. And you can free up budget to spend on other business needs by eliminating the cost of infrastructure hardware.
Choose your own path to the “modern business”, with a flexible cloud platform that offers the following features:
- A 99.95% monthly SLA
- Enterprise-level security used by many of the world’s largest organizations today
- The ability to use any language, framework, or tool to build applications
- Unlimited servers and storage
Only Microsoft offers a flexible platform that lets you choose the path that’s best for your business, whether that’s on-premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid combination. Azure is a core part of this overall vision that helps you make the cloud a seamless part of your IT.
In today’s interconnected and global business environment, IT organizations must make data and applications available to all stakeholders every minute of every day. Availability is everything—and settling for recovery times of hours or
days is unacceptable. Today’s Always-On Business™ demands recovery time and point objectives (RTPO™) of <15 minutes for ALL applications and data.
The availability gap
Achieving non-stop service and continuous protection is costly—requiring investments that could only be justified for a few applications. Therefore, the vast majority of workloads are left exposed, supported by lower performing, legacy backup solutions, resulting in recovery time and recovery point objectives (RTOs and RPOs) of several hours or even days. These low performance levels fail to meet the requirements of the Always-On Business, creating a significant availability gap.
Bridging the availability gap
Veeam® bridges this gap by leveraging virtualization, new storage integration and cloud capabilities to deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center™. As a result, RTPO of <15 minutes for ALL applications and data is within reach.
Veeam supports the five key capabilities of the Modern Data Center through the industry-leading technologies and features found in Veeam Availability Suite™, including:
- High-Speed Recovery - Quickly recover the data you need and realize RTOs of <15 minutes with features like Instant VM Recovery™, Veeam Explorers™ for Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server and Active Directory, Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots (HP and NetApp)—and more!
- Data Loss Avoidance - Prevent data loss and achieve RPOs of <15 minutes with features like 2-in-1: backup and replication™, Built-in WAN Acceleration, Backup from Storage Snapshots (HP and NetApp), EMC Data Domain Boost integration, end-to-end encryption and Veeam Cloud Connect.
- Verified Protection - Ensure business resiliency through automated backup and DR testing. With SureBackup® and SureReplica, you will be certain your files, applications and virtual servers can be restored when needed—every time.
- Leveraged Data - Minimize risk by putting your backups and replicas to work. With Virtual Lab, you can test changes in an isolated, production-like environment before actually deploying them.
- Complete Visibility - Gain complete visibility of your entire virtual environment so that you can discover and be alerted to issues before they result in operational impact. Veeam Availability Suite combines the centralized management, enterprise scalability and built-in reporting of Veeam Backup & Replication™ with the advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning of Veeam ONE™
Video Guidance offers “VG Connect™” a comprehensive video communication service that is completely hosted and managed by Video Guidance. All video components are housed and managed in their secure and environmentally managed data centers. Your video endpoints are installed and connected directly to the VG Connect video platform, ensuring an end-to-end managed solution. With VG Connect, your company can purchase services and equipment separately, and Video Guidance will activate, maintain and support your chosen service plan. Customers benefit from hosted solutions with significantly reduced capital and operating expenditures, while enjoying the added value of capacity and security.
Additionally, Video Guidance offers is a cloud-based service named WorkSpace. This "user-based" mobile service provides for one user experience across all screens on all devices. WorkSpace accounts include unlimited coSpaces (virtual meeting rooms) and user devices, 1st-level support, software updates and service SLAs. The service also allows for unlimited Pt-to-Pt and multi-party calling for up to 25 participants per call.
We hope to see you at nVision 2014 on Thursday, November 20, 2014. Questions? Feel free to comment below or contact us.